Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow March is over!

Hey everybody.
Hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday. My day was busy! Had my last 8am class ever! It was horrible, I have always hated early morning classes, and this one was especially painful. We were presenting our essay topics and I went last! Gah! I was the 10th person of 10 people to present, and having to sit through everyone's just waiting for my term had my nerves off the charts. But, presentation went well, got some decent feedback, and calmed my nerves a little bit to actually start tackling this paper. But I did pack a delicious breakfast because I ran out of the house. It consisted of a nice serving of vanilla yogurt with bran cereal mixed in....yum!


I was too hungry to take a picture before, but this is what is left over.

I can survive 2 more essays on more exam! I can survive, I will survive.
-I need to tell myself this or I will become a bigger stress ball than I already am.

So, after class I came home to catch a quick nap, then did a little grocery shopping. I bought soy milk, chocolate chips, butter, and some juice. On my way to the grocery store I snacked on a Kashi bar, because I know how it can turn out when I go there hungry.

But, even though I wasn't starving I still bought a junky dinner, I had chicken fingers (2) and some fries. My stomach was hating me later, I haven't eaten greasy food like that in a while. But it was darn tasty.

After groceries I came home, put everything away, ate some dinner, digested in front of Friends and Family Guy. I then headed out to ball hockey. Oh how I love ball hockey, running around, sweating, hitting, shooting. It all just makes me feel so happy! We lost 2-0, but it's okay, we improved from the last time we played the same team (they are in first place) and we are still currently in second place!

Now that I am home from hockey, I just did a yoga for beginners lower body DVD, in hopes my legs won't be wrecked tomorrow. I have been a bit of a slacker this month in the gym department, between picking up extra shifts and finishing my final year I haven't been motivated, but tomorrow I am going to spin class right after my final class of university! yikes!

Anyways, now that I have finished a lovely orange, I am going to catch up on the e-mails, facebook goodness, and then shower and then bake some cookies (for soci party tomorrow in class) and read some more research!

The two recipes I picked to try out tonight are (thanks to the reccomendation from bec :
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
(super simple, so satisfying)

What you'll need . . .
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
  • Raw sugar (or whatever vegan sugar you have) for rolling


Method . . .
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Simply put everything into a bowl and MIX well.
  3. Roll dough into small balls . . . and then roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet.
  4. Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes. Until golden brown.
http://makemethod.vox.com/library/post/vegan-pb-cookies----in-a-flash.html

and secondly;

Vegan Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Oat cookies
1/3 cup of peanut butter
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk (soy milk if you want)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 425
Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix together. Add choco chips.

Bake for 7-8 minutes.

http://collegecandy.com/2009/01/31/the-love-list-super-bowl-sunday-funday-edition/#more-16472

-Will let you know how they turn out and everyone's reactions tomorrow!

--Had to take a minor blogging/catching up break, the boy forgot both his work shirt and contacts, and asked me to run them to him. We both bounce at the same bar, but I have tonight off, so gladly I hopped into the car and brought them over....sometimes boy's you are just so forgetful.

Thanks for reading,
Good night Everyone!

1 comment: